Monday, September 10, 2012

Excitement and Encouragement

Wow!  Yesterday was such a great day.  I had the opportunity to visit Dayspring Community Church in Greensboro and share my heart with them.  While I've been able to speak at Trinity Worship Center several times and even at Stoneville PHC, this was the first church I've been to where I was a complete stranger to the entire congregation.  I'll be honest, I was slightly anxious, yet I had a peace that could have only come from God.  

The service yesterday morning was like a great big hug and full of confirmations from beginning to end.  The people were so friendly and welcoming.  The level of excitement and exuberance in their worship reminded me so much of the Zulu churches I visited in South Africa.  I kept waiting for the Mamas of the church to come to the front and begin dancing.  Though it wasn't quite the same, it ended up happening at the close of the service.  

From beginning to end, God orchestrated that service.  Pastor Phil and I had talked on Thursday, but we didn't discuss what he would be speaking on or the Scriptures that I feel God has given me.  There were several times when Scriptures and ideas were repeated.  Even down to the song that two of their girls sang as a special.  Don't you just love the way God orders things?

After the service, Pastor Phil and his wife, Marie, took Mama and me out to lunch.  As we were walking into the restaurant, Pastor Phil asked how I thought I did.  My response was that I felt like I had rambled a bit a couple times when I started getting excited.  His response surprised me a bit, he said he thought I'd done well and that my passion was obvious and to not dampen it.  Even that comment was a confirmation from God.  I can't wait to see what He's got in store for me next!

No comments:

Post a Comment